It’s Academic offers two ways to add a resume to your job seeker account.
1. Upload a Resume from your computer
2. Create a Resume using our online builder
Uploading a Resume
For most of our job seekers, uploading a resume is the fastest and easiest way to add a resume.
- Go to the My Resumes page under your account and click the Upload a Resume button.
- Click “Select File to Upload”, and browse your computer for the right file. We accept resumes in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, and .txt formats.
- On the next page you will get to see a preview of your resume. Go to the bottom of the page and press the Upload button. You’re done!
You can now apply to any job on our website using your resume. You can upload multiple resumes, and upload other documents like cover letters from the My Documents page.
Create a Resume
If you do not have a resume on your computer, you can create one using our free online builder. These resumes have a simple and clean design, are fast to build and easy to edit. We have several articles on how to use our online builder, and how to write a great resume.
Benefits of Adding a Resume
Even if you are not ready to apply for a job, we still recommend that you upload a resume. You’ll be able to apply to future jobs quickly, and it allows our team of expert recruiting consultants to send you recommendations for jobs we think you may be interested in. This includes confidential jobs that are not be advertised on our website.
Your resume is always stored securely and confidentially. Employers cannot see your resume without your express permission. All our job seeker services, including resume upload, storage and our online builder, are completely free.
If you have any questions about resumes, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org