The Vice-President of Marketing and Admissions will serve as Hanson Canada’s strategic and operational lead in recruiting, admitting, and marketing to students as well as managing and communicating the corporate and subsidiary brands. The VP will also be an essential part of the President and Chief Executive Officer’s collaborative leadership team. The VP will assess, develop and implement strategic marketing, communications, and enrollment plans, aligning enrollment, financial aid, communications, and marketing with Hanson’s mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reflect, articulate and promote the mission, vision and identity of Hanson, both internally and externally; responsible for the market development, management, implementation, financial planning and monitoring of the marketing and promotional strategies of Hanson Canada programs;
- Prepare and manage annual budgets to support admissions, commission payments and incentives and marketing activities;
- Lead strategic marketing and business development functions as it relates to the Hanson Canada Corporate brand building and visibility; including industry, government, public and private relationship management, strategic partnership management and undertake business development initiatives within the sector.
- Responsible for enrolment and admission management; meeting new/prospective student enrolment goals, and corporate strategic objectives through developing and executing marketing plans and strategies; oversee the implementation of the plans and strategies to ensure efficiency and productivity;
- Research and obtain current knowledge of international education trends and issues; actively evaluate market competitors to ensure Hanson will have a competitive edge;
- Prepare and manage annual budgets to support admissions, student acquisition cost and marketing activities;
- Set enrolment targets by campus/program or target market; prepare operation reports including but not limited to student enrolment by campus and by semester;
- Further a data-informed culture to shape strategic directions and make appropriate adjustments to an integrated admissions plan; regularly assess accuracy and effectiveness of recruitment activities and make appropriate adjustments so as to lead an effort that is proactive, strategic, and responsive to the changing needs of students.
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision, training, guidance and support to administrative staff within Marketing department to all of Hanson campuses; conduct performance reviews of staff within the department by developing achievable departmental goals as well as individual goals with performance evaluations to measure progress;
- Collaborate with Campus operations leadership on enrollment management and student support functions to all campuses of Hanson as it relates to enrolment success and student retention;
- Cooperate with other departments at Hanson by having open communication and collaboration with departmental managers.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, report to the CEO on a regular basis;
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations and policies pertaining to the Company including but not limited to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Ministry of Education, Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU), and Private Career Training Institutions with the standards of appropriate and applicable governing bodies as well as the Company’s partnership institution/s.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
- Hanson Canada supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources to make arrangements. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally-protected factors.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s an asset
- Extensive knowledge of best practices, national trends and developments in marketing, admissions, retention and financial aid;
- Demonstrated record of achievement in senior-level enrolment management, preferably in a private education;
- Advanced knowledge of recruiting and admissions marketing best practices;
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated progressive leadership in education management, marketing, admissions, financial aid, and student retention;
- Ability to gather and analyze data and trends with a strong aptitude for implementing systems, monitoring progress, and measuring achievement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Strong organizational, leadership/decision making and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our motivation is based on one simple goal: student success.
Hanson Canada is a private education group providing secondary, post-secondary, and language programs to both domestic and international students. Headquartered in Ontario, we operate education campuses in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. We value innovation, creativity and collaboration and we believe in our brand-Hanson Canada.
Since 2001, Hanson has been operating under the BSID number 665843 of the Ontario Ministry of Education as an inspected high school with the authority to grant credits towards Ontario Secondary School Diplomas. Hanson is also a registered education provider with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU). In BC, Hanson International Academy was the proud recipient of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) designation. This prestigious designation demonstrates the organization’s sincere commitment to educational excellence.
In 2005, Hanson Canada entered into a licensing agreement with Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, one of the twenty four public colleges in Ontario, to form Cambrian at Hanson. Hanson delivers Cambrian College programs exclusively to international students. As the leader in Public-Private Education delivery and the first of its kind, Hanson Canada maintains its position as the preferred destination for students looking for a quality education experience in a unique learning environment.
Through our unique education partnerships we form Hanson Canada, a dynamic team of education professionals that are committed to delivering the highest quality of language training, secondary and post-secondary education and services. Hanson Canada is a unique education group, founded on innovation, creativity and collaboration with our students and partners.