Shawnigan Lake School
START DATE: 02/10/2019
Shawnigan Lake, BC, Canada
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-Time (Permanent)
Shawnigan Lake School is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the facilities and systems which support the operations division at Shawnigan Lake School.
This is a permanent, full-time position, with an attractive benefits package after three months. The selection process will favour candidates with significant related experience in building construction and facilities maintenance
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction and/or facilities maintenance or related position, with minimum 3 years’ facilities management experience at a senior level
- Advanced understanding of mechanical, HVAC, water and sewage, hydraulic, and electrical systems, as well as equipment maintenance processes and methods
- Technical proficiency with tools, motors, common appliances, and mechanical devices
- Current WHMIS, Waste Water Operator Level 1, and Domestic Water Purveyor certifications, beneficial
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Provides daily leadership and management to a team of maintenance and repair professionals working across campus.
- Proactively administer a systems maintenance schedule through comprehensive planning and implementation
- Direct the day-to-day assignments and workflow of maintenance team members through the effective coordination of prioritized assignments and tasks
- Foster relationships with the School community and public services, including local law enforcement, first responders, VIHA, CVRD, and the Ministry of Environment
- Proactively demonstrate a commitment to building high performance teams
- Administer a systematic and comprehensive planning and monitoring process for each functional area of the department
- Collaborate with departments across campus on School activities, special events, and fund raisers
Shawnigan Lake School is a leading co-educational, university preparatory boarding school on Vancouver Island. Nestled along the shores of the lake that shares its name, Shawnigan has a 100-year tradition of excellence, specializing in a complete education. It is the largest boarding school in Canada. We offer a very competitive compensation package and a nurturing, family-friendly workplace.