Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
We are seeking an Advancement Manager to join our high performing Advancement Team. This position is responsible for ensuring annual fundraising benchmarks and performance goals are achieved.
The Advancement Manager reports to the Director of Advancement. The successful candidate will be an organized, flexible, energetic, self-starter who is looking to become a part of a vibrant educational community. The position is Permanent Full Time and will start immediately.
• Maintain current knowledge of CRA, charitable giving, and privacy rulings and regulations
• Move accounts through donor cycle, administer fundraising programs, research, develop strategies and proposals • Manage gift processing and acknowledgements • Coordinate pledge fulfilment (with Head of School)
• Manage the daily responsibilities of the Database Coordinator, and work closely to produce reports and presentations as needed
• Oversee the Database Coordinator’s work with gift processing and tax receipting
• Coordinate the Advancement Department’s production schedule and oversee management of the department timelines and deadlines • Support the work with the Director of Advancement to develop, distribute and maintain the Advancement Department’s communication materials
• Supporting the Annual Tartan Fund • Supporting Parent’s Council fundraising initiatives (ex: Gala, Spring Fair) • Managing faculty wish lists (with School Controller)
• Annual Report donor listings • Special event coordination • Overseeing the annual Grandparent’s Day Reception
• Bachelor'/s degree
• Minimum 3 years’ related experience in fundraising, including donor engagement and implementing fundraising strategies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with others
• Excellent writing abilities, including ability to draft compelling and persuasive correspondence to donors and prospects
• Experience conducting special events, and managing volunteers
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Donor database management system experience an asset
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work! If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by October 7, 2019 to: Julie.email@example.com Please include the words “Advancement Manager” in your email Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.