Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant – Attendance at our Morven Campus (Grade 8-12). The successful candidate will be a detail oriented, flexible, organized, and tech savvy individual who is looking to become a part of a vibrant educational community. The position is Full Time Permanent and will start asap.
• Responsible for daily (each block) and monthly attendance reporting and follow up.
• Responsible for maintenance of attendance files for Grade 8-12 students, ensuring accuracy and compliance with the Ministry of Education
• Assist in yearly Eligible Student (ES) Audit
• Assist with updating Veracross (database) information including generating team and group lists, making changes to parent and/or family household information, exporting updated health forms, running reports as required, etc…
• Senior School summer reception coverage and associated duties including mail distribution
• Liaise with families of students with tutors, as well as the tutors themselves to ensure Collingwood School’s Tutoring Policy is adhered to
• Maintain a current list of all tutors and ensuring every tutor completes a CRC before entering the school.
• Maintain digital and hard copy student records
• Incoming mail distribution into staff mailboxes
• Daily reception coverage during lunch hour (30 minutes) and between 4-4:30pm.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school education plus a two-year college program
• 3-5 years of office/clerical experience
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently to manage priorities and meet deadlines
• Tact, discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure within strict timelines with a high degree of accuracy
• Comfortable working within various databases
• Approachable and friendly with a passion for assisting others
• Responsible and dependable
• Organized, resourceful, flexible
• Proficient in Google Classroom and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Experience working in a school, a strong asset
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by September 3, 2019 to email@example.com Please include the words “Administrative Assistant - Admissions” in your email Subject Line.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.