St. Margaret’s School is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and team-oriented Middle and Senior Years French Language Teacher to create, implement and deliver the course curriculum to students from Grade 8 to 12.
Candidates should have demonstrated excellence in curriculum delivery in French and familiarity with adaptive teaching strategies to accommodate a variety of student learning styles. An additional teaching strength is to create innovative, student-centered, inquiry-focused units of study to multiple levels of student ability that incorporate all areas of global language learning. Fluency in both oral and written French is essential.
At St. Margaret’s School, teachers are required to participate in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Dependent on enrolment
Included in FTE is bi-weekly Teacher Collaboration, Assembly and up to a max of 4.5 hours per week of Prep Time (for full-time FTEs, pro-rated for part-time FTEs)
Additional Extra-Curricular work will be paid as a stipend for new hires
Commensurate with placement on the SMS Tutorial Salary Grid
This is a bargaining unit position in the Professional Employees Association.
Job Duties include
• Create, implement and deliver the course curriculum to students in Grades 8 to 12.
• Attending regular monthly staff meetings and school-required events.
• Preparation of student reports is required, both formal written reports and regular, informal communication with parents.
• Presence at school functions is required, including Meet the Teacher Evening and Parent-Teacher Interviews.
• Available to attend meetings with parents and colleagues to support the needs of the students in the class.
• Regular collaboration with colleagues to ensure alignment and fluidity of French language learning across grades, to share ideas and to plan cross-grade / cross-subject activities.
• Work with the team of World Languages teachers and Principals to ensure languages programs are tailored to meet the unique needs, interests and ambitions of SMS girls.
• Set an inspiring, supportive learning environment to encourage every student in reaching her potential.
Requirements and Qualifications include
• Current and Valid teacher certification through the Teacher Regulation Branch.
• Undergraduate degree, specializing in French, or a combination of course work.
• Several years’ current school experience as a French specialist an asset.
• Proficiency and fluency in spoken and written French.
• Additional area of teaching experience preferred.
• Familiarity working in an inquiry-focused setting and incorporating 21st Century teaching strategies.
• Familiar with a variety of teaching strategies to meet the individual needs of girls.
• Superior communication, organizational and interpersonal skills in working with colleagues and parents.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
• Willingness to participate in school-wide professional development opportunities and to attend whole school staff meetings.
• Actively support and commit to the vision, mission and values of our school.