Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique '/IB Advantage'/: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We are currently seeking exceptional candidates for the following opportunity:
Student Records Officer
The Student Records Officer is responsible for managing student academic records and supporting the Pemberton Woods campus with the accurate processing of all consent forms and required documentation related to student trips. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values. Demonstrating initiative and pride in performance, the Student Records Officer contributes positively to a respectful and productive work environment and facilitates strong professional relationships within the GNS community.
Responsible for managing student academic records:
• Maintain record management systems in accordance with school policies and procedures;
• Produce transcripts; arrange for notarized transcripts for international students;
• Liaise with University Guidance Advisors and universities regarding graduation requirements, missing grades, etc.;
• Track university applications and send transcripts for admissions purposes;
• Assist University Guidance Advisors with ordering and arranging the PSAT;
• Update the University Guidance board across from the Gudewill Library;
• Communicate with University Representatives and assist with arranging/hosting University speakers;
• Assist Academic Manager with registering students for Provincial assessments; and receive and store all in house final exams;
• Provide timely information to the Ministry of Education for reporting purposes;
• Update student records for incoming and outgoing student files; update permanent record cards;
• Answer queries regarding student records.
Responsible for managing consents:
• Collect, track and manage all consent forms and required documentation for Pemberton Woods;
• Prepare trip folders for athletics, clubs, and national/international trips;
• Support teachers and administration with clerical help regarding trips;
• Assist students and parents as it relates to consent forms;
• Collect money for school trips/events; process and store related financial records;
Responsible for administrative support:
• Prepare administrative correspondence;
• Provide coverage for SS/MS reception as needed;
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
• High school graduation with certificate in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three years’ experience in office administration
• Three years’ experience with database and records management
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be results-driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with an interpersonal style that fosters strong and productive relationships with a diverse group of people.
• An ability to develop and maintain a deep understanding and proficient use of the school'/s student database system.
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and a high commitment to work quality
• Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to organize multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as part of a positive and collaborative team.
• A helpful nature and willingness to participate and assist in other areas of the school, when necessary.
• Proficiency in Google Suite and database systems
• Familiarity with MAC, an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/student-records-officer?rcid=isabc
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.