Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique '/IB Advantage'/: a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
We are a strong community minded team at GNS with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share in our passion for preparing outstanding citizens of character in making positive differences in the world.
We are currently seeking an exceptional administrator to join our Junior School campus. This is a regular, ongoing contract working the academic year from September to June, when school is in session.
Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00p.m.
Start: August 26, 2019
The Office Assistant supports the Executive Assistant by providing reception and administrative support to the Principal, teachers and staff. This position provides exceptional service and exemplifies a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values.
• Greet all staff, students and visitors; and promptly respond to requests and inquiries.
• Answer and direct incoming calls, emails and correspondence; sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare all outgoing mail.
• Attend to children’s first aid needs.
• Collect forms and payments for various school events and activities and prepare deposits for Finance.
• Reconcile visa statements, prepare expense reports and track various school budgets.
• Assist with purchasing supplies and maintaining classroom /office inventory.
• Other relevant administrative duties as necessary.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an office administration or receptionist capacity, preferably within a school environment.
• A certificate in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a friendly and helpful disposition with excellent interpersonal skills to establish strong connections with staff, students and parents.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to work quality.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite an asset.
• Familiarity with MAC, an asset.
• First Aid certificate, an asset.
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers competitive wages and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by visiting the following link: https://easyapply.co/job/office-assistant-380?rcid=isabc
Application deadline: Thursday, August 8, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.