Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We seek teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking an experienced Advanced Topics in Mathematics Teacher to join our Morven Campus (Grades 8-12). This is a Temporary, Part Time (0.1 FTE) position with a start date of September 4, 2019.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching at the post-secondary level as this course is a university level class for students who have completed Math at the highest level offered at Collingwood.
• Develop and deliver the curriculum to meet the learning level of our students
• Ensure a rigourous learning environment for all students
• Create challenging assessments that push students to deeper understanding of Mathematics
• Mathematics Degree preferred
• Experience teaching Math at the secondary level, and a familiarity with AP’s
• Motivated to learn and improve teaching practice
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working and collaborating with department members
• Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
• Experience teaching with technology is an asset
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by August 9, 2019.
To apply to this job, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your '/job application log'/ once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.