Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We search for teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking a Data Services and Student Records Coordinator to join our Wentworth Campus (Junior School: JK - Grade 7). This role provides student information system support with attendance, report cards, class placements, scheduling and records management. This is a Temporary Contract position and the contract dates are July 8 2019 – June 30 2020.
• Maintain student information system (SIS) for 650+ students, 1300+ parents, ensuring accuracy of student records and reports to meet Ministry of Education requirements and guidelines
• Define and mentor student attendance process to ensure accurate attendance records and communication of attendance related issues with teachers and administration
• Register students for before/after school care; produce and maintain daycare schedule and rosters
• Record, reconcile and maintain all student records including Ministry of Education records
• Ensure data and formatting of report cards are accurate prior to posting for parents and students to view
• Distribute community wide email correspondence to students, parents for faculty and administrators
• Produce schedule and facilitate coordination of parent teacher meetings and student led conferences
• Enter and maintain student and course schedules, class lists and co-curricular group information into SIS
• Produce school letters, certificates, lists and spreadsheets
• Handle parent inquiries, requests and concerns while maintaining confidentiality
• Work in collaboration with the Head of Campus, Director of Teaching and Learning, Registrar and Director of IT to troubleshoot issues and identify opportunities.
• 1-3 years of database management experience, preferably working in an educational environment
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
• A good understating of data management and data quality assurance
• Proficient with technology
• Excellent oral and written communication in English
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
• Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
• Flexible, ability to adapt well to change and prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Google-Docs
• SIS experience a must
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to help each student achieve personal success
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including Extended Health and Dental, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by June 24, 2019 to Head of Wentworth, Marc Young at firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.