Collingwood School is a coeducational day school located on two campuses in West Vancouver, BC. Our purpose is to teach, model, inspire and encourage our students, ultimately preparing them to become successful global citizens. With an innovative, evolving approach to teaching, the totality of our curriculum provides students with a wealth of diverse, meaningful and transformative educational experiences.
At Collingwood, we are uncommon, unbounded and unassuming. We seek teachers who think differently, who are willing to learn and who are experts in academics, arts, athletics or service.
We are seeking an experienced, Full Time Social Studies Teacher. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and engaging educator who will demonstrate the ability to contribute to the many facets of school life, which will include coaching and extra-curricular responsibilities. This position will start in late August 2019.
• Develop and deliver the curriculum beyond the Ministry requirements
• Integrate Historical Thinking skills into lessons
• Collaborate with other members of faculty within the department to create innovative lessons and units
• Differentiate lessons to meet the needs of all students while creating a rigorous learning environment
• Bachelor of Education
• 3 years of experience teaching Social Studies at the Grade 8 -12 level
• Early adopter of teaching innovations, including technological tools
• Motivated to learn and improve teaching practice
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Certified (or in the process of becoming certified) by the British Columbia Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
• Experience teaching Law is an asset
Our “Must Haves”
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
• Self motivated, energetic and fun!
We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, including a RRSP matching program, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by June 10, 2019.
To apply to this job, register or log into your account at http://collingwood.simplication.com. Do a job search, click on the job you are interested in, and click the apply button. You will receive a confirmation email and the job will be listed in your '/job application log'/ once you have applied successfully. If you have any questions re: Simplication call 1-877-900-5627.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.