Mulgrave School is a world-class, innovative independent school located in West Vancouver, who is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a talented and energetic Event Coordinator to join our Events Team in a full-time position.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who also takes direction well to bring to life a wide variety of internal and community events. This role will work collaboratively with all team members in our fast-paced environment to ensure overall team success while working with the entire Mulgrave community to plan, present and celebrate school-based activities and events.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical school diploma, with focus on events, hospitality management, administrative or related and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and good team player
- Good attention to details with excellent prioritising and organisational skills
- Proven ability to problem solve, and to take initiative and direction well
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Computer experience: Microsoft Word; Photoshop; Excel; Google; Microsoft Publisher; Google applications
- Flexible work hours is required; will be required to work some weekends/evenings (hours set by Senior Event Manager weekly per the requirements of events and events office coverage)
- Ability to manage own schedule to successfully execute every event
- Physical ability to lift materials up to 40lbs in weight
- Experience using Caterease, Perfect Table Software or equivalent is an asset
- Emergency First Aid, Serving-It-Right and Food Safe Level 1, is an asset
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Dress Casual days during school breaks
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complementary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide for their own transportation.
Resumes should be submitted by June 12, 2019 by visiting https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.