Administrative Assistant, Advancement
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by a belief in the power of all-girls education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning community - including you.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, this position provides comprehensive administrative support to the advancement team including gift processing and data entry, donor stewardship and recognition, fundraising and community event support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all donations, sponsorship payments and fundraising event ticket sales, ensuring that each is appropriately and promptly received, recorded and receipted
- Consolidate financial transactions with the Finance Office, ensuring that donations and receipts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database to ensure all parents, donors and alumnae information is accurate
- Process donor thank-you letters and assist with the delivery of comprehensive donor and volunteer recognition program
- Attend CHS Foundation Meetings and prepare minutes
- Prepare various meeting materials for events such as CHS Alumnae Association monthly meeting
- Assist with daily Advancement Office tasks as needed, such as: filing, office organization, proofreading, mailing and data entry
- Manage RSVPs and registrations for events such as the annual Golf Tournament, New Parents’ Dinner, School’s Birthday and other alumnae related events
- Provide event support to the Manager, Events (produce nametags, prepare RSVP list, day of setup, manage guest registration etc.)
- Other duties assigned as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- 1 - 3 years previous administrative experience
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and Auction Maestro
- High attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Personable, relates well to external stakeholders and is a positive, contributing team member
- Ability to take initiative and discern among different priorities
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and project management skills
- High degree of diplomacy, confidentiality, discretion and tact
- Knowledge of Raiser'/s Edge an asset
- Some evening work and occasional weekend work required
Employment and Application Details:
Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online by May 1, 2019.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from junior kindergarten to grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.