MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH & SCIENCE TEACHER
Part-time (0.80 FTE) 1-year term position, September 2019 – June 2020
We are seeking a Middle School Science and Math teacher for grades 6 to 8, starting in September 2019 for the duration of the school year.
The Successful Applicant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Science and/or Math; additional coursework in either area would be an asset
- Certified or eligible to teach in British Columbia
- Passion for middle school learners and their development
- Prior teaching experience in Science and Math, specifically in the middle years
- Familiarity and experience with the BC Ministry of Education Science and Math curriculum
- Understanding of creative and innovative teaching strategies particularly inquiry and project-based learning
- Experience and aptitude in integrating technology into the learning experience
- Ability to support a variety of learners including students with learning exceptionalities including giftedness, challenges with mental health and executive functioning skills
- Experience differentiating instruction and assessment for a variety of learners
- Evidence of, and understanding of collaboration within a dynamic educational team.
- Responsibilities include:
- Communicating student learning to parents, attending staff meetings and participating in all duties associated with teaching
- Serving as a Teacher Advisor to a group of students who meet daily for pastoral care and support
- Willingness to participate meaningfully in the extra-curricular life of the school.
Applicants must be eligible to teach in British Columbia. Applicants are requested to supply a résumé with references, accompanied by a cover letter outlining the candidate’s strengths and how the candidate is well-suited to teaching in a rich academic program. Please respond on or prior to April 18, 2019.