Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, we want to hear from you!
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time position of Alumni Relations Coordinator.
Southridge School is looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual with superior interpersonal skills to organize and coordinate alumni programs, events, and initiatives designed to enhance and strengthen the relationship between Southridge and its 1000+ alumni. The Alumni Relations Coordinator will play a key role in the execution of the School’s current strategic plan, as well as the 25th Anniversary celebrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Advancement and the Southridge School Alumni Association in developing an annual alumni relations plan that connects to the school’s overall strategic plan.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates all alumni events, including class reunions, Homecoming weekend, an annual Christmas event, 25th Anniversary ‘special’ events, networking events, etc.
- Supports the Alumni Executive Committee of the Alumni Association by distributing materials, scheduling meetings, recording and distributing meeting minutes, and providing other administrative support.
- Creates and implements a strategic alumni social media strategy; updating Alumni social media channels regularly with relevant and interesting content.
- Oversees the alumni e-newsletter; collaborating with the Communications and Marketing team to provide input, content and direction.
- Captures alumni ‘stories’ for the purposes of Southridge web pages, newsletters, Spirit magazine, videos, and other Southridge communications and marketing channels.
- Establishes and builds relationships with alumni; maintains regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email distributions, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Establishes and builds relationships with current faculty and staff, maintaining an awareness of all school programs and events to identify and/or create opportunities to connect current students and faculty with alumni.
- Works with the Director of Advancement in developing and implementing an alumni fundraising strategy.
- Assists University Counselling department in securing ‘intern’ job placements with alumni for current students as part of the summer internship program.
- Organizes and coordinates an Alumni Mentorship Program.
- Provides responsible fiscal management of Alumni Relations budget
- Ensures accurate and complete alumni database records; captures contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, social media, postal returns, including the oversight of a part-time alumni researcher, as needed.
- Provides hands-on support for the events, activities, and programs of the Advancement team and overall school community as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, i.e. constituent relations, advancement, or event planning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with anyone
- A strong and creative writer and communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- A passion and talent for event planning
- High degree of initiative – someone who embraces opportunities and works pro-actively
- Dependable and hard-working - someone who does what it takes to get the job done
- Sense of humour and positive attitude
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- A passionate and collaborative team player; someone who thrives in a team environment to achieve overall organizational goals
- Superior computer and administrative skills
- A passion for Southridge School and alignment with the vision and mission of our amazing community
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check. The closing date for this posting is April 18, 2019.