Temporary Full-Time Maternity Leave
(beginning 2019.20 academicyear)
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational school, which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a full-time position as a Visual Arts Teacher in our Upper School.
We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced Visual Arts teacher. This individual will take a leading role in the further development of visual arts (G10-12), within and outside the curriculum, and work closely with the Middle School visual arts staff to ensure a strong, coherent progression of skills and concepts from G6-12.
Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
- Teach the IB MYP Visual Arts elective in grade 10 and, potentially, some IB Diploma Visual Arts in Grade 11 and 12
- Teach visual arts elective courses in the Middle School elective programme
- Sponsor and support the co-curricular Arts Council
- Provide pastoral care as an advisor
Ideal Qualities of the person that we are looking for:
- An ability to connect with, and inspire students to outstanding levels of achievement and performance in visual arts.
- A deep understanding of, and passion for, art, along with technical expertise.
- A grounding in academic art theory and history in order to deliver the DP Arts curriculum.
- Current experience of the IB MYP and DP programmes and a commitment to the IB philosophy.
- A team player who can relate well to colleagues and inspire other adults in our community to get involved in the arts programme.
- Strong organisational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Endorse the school’s mission and vision statement.
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be a trained teacher with a bachelor’s degree, with eligibility to teach in British Columbia.
- Hold an age-appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment.
Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
Resumes should be submitted by March 31, 2019.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.