Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
COORDINATOR, WEBSITE AND DIGITAL CONTENT (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Marketing, the Website and Digital Content Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the school’s digital media strategy. The Coordinator focuses on enhancing Southridge’s brand and reputation by developing and executing written and visual content on the school’s external website, internal portals, internal weekly newsletter, social media, and other digital platforms. The Coordinator is responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting data related to web and digital channels. The role also provides support for other communications materials, such as photography, written content and graphics, as assigned.
This role requires that you have a strong knowledge of current best practices in web design and architecture, and experience in digital strategy, social media, SEO, user experience and content development. We are a small team, with a broad communications & marketing portfolio. If you are an energetic team player who embraces new challenges, enjoys a fast-paced environment and who possesses a ‘roll up your sleeves and help’ attitude, this might be the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the design, development, implementation and content management of the school’s external website and internal web portals.
- Proactively seeks content to ensure website and internal web portals are up-to-date, reflecting current news and events.
- Works with colleagues in the Communications and Marketing department to achieve communications goals through the strategic use of the school’s website, sourcing and posting social media content, and by creating and executing email broadcasts in support of various communications strategies, events and initiatives.
- Responsible for compiling and publishing the school’s weekly digital newsletter, The Southridge Wednesday.
- Identifies gaps in Southridge’s web presence and digital content and develops strategic solutions.
- Creates new webpages as required, ensuring easy navigation and organized content with appealing graphics and images, to support various school events and initiatives.
- Responsible for website training and support for faculty, staff, and parents.
- Creates and maintains a manual of passwords and instructions for the school website.
- Monitors website for performance and analytics.
- Provides strategic and effective website SEO – evaluates content and keywords regularly.
- Liaises with other departments (Admissions, Advancement, Head of School’s office, IT, etc.), to fulfill digital marketing and website content requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the school’s online, password-protected, photo-sharing software: Vidigami. Promotes the use and understanding of Vidigami to all stakeholders.
- Assists in gathering blog content, developing blog stories, and posting to the website.
- Helps develop strategies to drive website traffic.
- Works in cooperation with the Database Manager and other staff to ensure correct data is being used to communicated with faculty, staff, parents and students through the school’s website databases.
- On a periodic basis, as determined by the Director of Communications and Marketing, supports overhaul and upgrade of the website, making recommendations on best practice in web architecture and user experience.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing, social media, and content development.
- Experience with content management platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Bridge.
- Photography skills and interest.
- Graphic design skills and interest.
- Exemplary writing skills
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Passionate and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media.
- Knowledge of website design, development, and publication processes.
- Knowledge of email systems and web analytics.
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
The closing date for this posting is April 23, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.