Teachers On Call
September 2018 to June 2019
York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an outstanding education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Overview of Position
York House School is inviting applications from creative, innovative and qualified Elementary and Intermediate School Teachers committed to providing an exceptional 21st-century learning environment for our girls. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in instructional and assessment practices, a passion for teaching, and a strong understanding of how girls learn.
We are seeking Teachers on Call for the Junior and Senior School. For the Senior School, we are seeking teachers with a wide range of Grade 8 to 12 experience in these subjects; Math, Social Studies, English, Science, Languages (French/Spanish) Physical Education, Art and Drama.
- Bachelor of Education
- British Columbia Teachers certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with new BC Curriculum is an asset
- Elementary / Intermediate / Secondary school qualifications
- Minimum of one year of Elementary / Intermediate / Secondary teaching experience preferred
- Independent School experience is an asset
Desired Qualities and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia Curriculum and pedagogy
- Knowledge of the current research on girls and learning, developing critical 21st-century global capacities
- Demonstrated experience as an inspiring, innovative and enthusiastic educator
- Collaborative and flexible, supportive and effective team player
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to educating the whole student
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology purposefully to transform learning
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate instruction and assessment practices to meet the needs of individual learners
- Experience with using Understanding by Design as a framework to teach for deeper understanding
- Experience using an inquiry-based and project-based learning approach
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
- A passed criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
To learn more about York House School, please visit www.yorkhouse.ca.
A passed criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.