Content Marketing Manager – Engagement
Permanent, full-time position beginning February 15, 2019
The role of Marketing and Communications at SMUS is to understand, grow and serve our audiences with creative and effective marketing and communications programs that drive a virtuous circle, resulting in applications from a talented and diverse body of prospective students, a powerful sense of school community, strong financial and volunteer support, and referrals to the school.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Content Marketing Manager –Engagement is a full-time, year-round position. You will project-manage, develop content and execute both print and digital campaigns in support of our Admissions and Advancement departments. The Admissions team is primarily responsible for recruiting and guiding prospective families, while the Advancement team has responsibility for fundraising and alumni relations.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Working with the Marketing and Communications team and colleagues in the Admissions and Advancement teams, manage, execute and evaluate major campaigns and projects.
- Develop a strong understanding of target audiences, including but not limited to prospective parents and students, current parents and students, alumni and staff.
- Drawing upon skills in the Marketing and Communications team and external suppliers, project manage several competing projects simultaneously, ensuring they stay on track and are completed to deadline.
- Creatively write and develop marketing content – both digital and hardcopy.
- Write and send email marketing campaigns, including, where appropriate, managing marketing automation.
- Manage digital advertising on platforms that include Google Ads and Facebook Business.
- Work with colleagues in the Marketing and Communications team to utilize social media to effectively communicate your messages to audiences.
- Write and edit webpages in support of the school’s activities.
- Maintain the school’s brand in all marketing communications activities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- You are a marketing or communications professional with at least three years of experience; preferably in a business-to-customer context.
- You are a talented and creative copywriter, and a fastidious proofreader.
- You are deadline oriented with a proven track record of project management from concept through to execution and evaluation.
- You have exceptional attention-to-detail and a strong adherence to brand.
- You have a passion for understanding audiences and addressing their informational needs with creative marketing content.
- You have experience of working with internal and external stakeholders, appreciating alternative points of view and contributing advice and ideas.
- You can run and adjust multichannel marketing campaigns, report and evaluate data, and make recommendations.
- You already know how to use or can teach yourself to use key technologies including: Project management software, Facebook Business, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress and other website tools.
Ideal candidates will also have some of the additional qualifications:
- Capable photography and videography skills, comfortable with handling equipment and editing work in applications like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Website development experience and skills, to preferably include knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies.
- Experience of working in an education marketing or communications environment.
- Ability to communicate in writing in a language(s) other than English.
Criminal Record Check
The successful candidate must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children.
Please respond with a cover letter, resumé and one sample of your writing on or prior to December 17, 2018.