York House School, located in the heart of Vancouver, is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. Founded in 1932 by seven progressive and insightful women, York House provides an exceptional education for approximately 650 girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Reporting to the Director of Senior School, this position involves providing support to YHS Senior School Directors as well as school operations, including supporting the Board of Governors and the Trustees of the YHS Foundation. This position requires excellent organizational, communication and problem-solving skills along with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office while maintaining an excellent rapport with all constituents. This position requires professionalism, discretion, discernment and confidentiality, which are necessary for maintaining trust and building positive community relations.
- Provides organizational, secretarial, and administrative support to the Directors as follows:
- Maintain records and systems, and Senior Administrators Portal
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating meetings for Directors, Senior Admin Team, Board of Governors, Board Committees and YHS Foundation
- Expedite school events by organizing and coordinating and/or providing assistance to organizers
- Support key school events
- Assists with editing and formatting correspondence from Directors (reference letters, evaluations, etc.)
- Assist Directors with projects as they arise; administration, research, quotes, etc.
- Liaise with Parents Association and Alumnae Association for event dates and times, when required
- Liaise and coordinate with external agencies as needed
- Assist the Events Coordinator as needed
- Attend various meetings of significance (i.e. Staff Meetings) in order to record minutes, compile, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes
- Prepare letters of offer of employment
- Review, proofread, format and file employee communication
- Maintain employee database for employees info: disciplinary, grievances, qualifications, training, PD, evaluations and performance reviews, along with all contact information, SIN, DOB, Teaching cert, Criminal Record checks, etc.
- As needed, employment law research, compile info to present to DHR
- Create and maintain confidential records and reports of Admin and other non-union employees; vacation, leaves, policies, absences, benefits, perks, etc.
- Edit, format, print, file and record of disciplinary meetings and letters for all employees
- Research, compile info and update Employee and York House policies
- Maintain and access database of personal information supplied by employees for purpose of leaves and absence
- Other duties as assigned by the Academic Directors
Overall Organizational Support
- Coordinator of Teacher on Call for the Senior School
- Covers duties of the Senior Executive Assistant and Reception when absent from YHS
Qualifications and Abilities
- Excellent presentation of documents, files, office to represent YHS as professional and dignified
- Previous experience working in Administration in schools is an asset
- 5 to 7 years experience in an Executive Assistant role is an asset
- Experience working with confidential materials and information
- Completion of post-secondary education (degree, diploma, certificate required)
- A high level of attention to detail along with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Computer Literacy required: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and with Mac, Google Docs and Gmail
A criminal record and vulnerable sector check is a requirement.
To apply, upload your resume and cover letter.
Closing date: October 26, 2018