Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 680 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
MATH TEACHER (CONTINUING, FULL-TIME)
We are currently inviting applications for the full-time (1.0 FTE) position of Math Teacher – Senior School. This position will commence immediately.
Teaching Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver the core Math program requirements in assigned grade levels following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum and/or Advanced Placement
- Collaboratively plan within the department to develop and design consistent and well-articulated programs
- Assess and report on student academic progress and effort, drawing attention to areas of achievement and areas requiring further development
- Supervise and manage student deportment, including behaviour and adherence to uniform expectations
- Monitors students’ academic, co-curricular, and personal growth as an advisor
- Attend and participate in core school functions and special events
- Fully participate in the co-curricular programme of the school
- Additional duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- A Bachelor of Education degree, with undergraduate studies in Mathematics
- Hold a valid BC teaching certificate
- Co-curricular coaching experience is valued
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team partner
- Advanced placement experience is an asset
- Experience teaching at the Senior School level in an independent school environment is an asset
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and parents in the role of advisor
- A proven understanding of children developmentally
- Experience teaching in a technology rich environment is an asset
Southridge offers a competitive salary and pays 3% above the Vancouver School District. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package and a generous RRSP matching program.
The closing date for this position is November 2, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.