Little Mountain Learning Academy
START DATE: 10/08/2018
Songyuan, Jilin, China
CONTRACT TYPE: 1-Year Renewable
Teaching / Faculty Jobs
Career College / Language School
Little Mountain Learning Academy is an established language school based in Vancouver, Canada. We’re currently looking for a Head Teacher/Academic Director to join the team in a leadership position at our first Chinese location in Jilin province. We’re a growing company with opportunities in both China and Canada for the right candidates.
Our Head Teacher/Academic Director will have some regular teaching duties at our children’s after-school English academy, along with responsibility for overseeing academic development, progress and enrolment at Little Mountain Education in Songyuan, China. We see this position as a great fit for a professional teacher who is looking to step up into a managerial position. Ideally we would like to hire a Canadian citizen, though anyone from an English-speaking country may be eligible.
- 22,000 CNY per month after tax (approx $50,000 CAD per year)
- Fully sponsored Z visa
- Free, furnished accommodation
- 4 weeks paid vacation plus Chinese national holidays
- Return airfare once per year
- Opportunities to relocate or grow with the business as we expand to open schools in other cities
- Training in Vancouver, Canada prior to departure, when logistically possible
- Positions in Vancouver when possible, upon return, for Canadian citizens
Our preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (required for Chinese work visa)
- Teaching certification (TEFL/CELTA and/or BC Teaching Certificate and/or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of full-time classroom teaching experience, preferably with children
- Native-level English
- Nationality/passport from one of the following countries (required for Chinese work visa): Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, South Africa
- November 2018 start date in China, with training in Vancouver prior to departure, if logistically possible
- 40-hour work week includes up to 18 teaching hours
Little Mountain Learning Academy (LMLA) offers premium Early Literacy, ESL, and Academic Reading and Writing Programs for Pre-k to Grade 12 students in an after-school setting and in Seasonal Intensives.
To apply for this or other positions, please submit a resume and cover letter.