Each child holds our attention at GNS, a day school that is firmly rooted in the values of the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the Round Square. As one of 16 schools in Canada authorized to offer three IB programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century approach which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers. Our strength lies in meeting students where they are and in providing them the skills and opportunities to explore who they will become.
If you’re a creative and inspirational educator, GNS is currently seeking general applications for Teachers on Call. When called upon, you will deliver the core program requirements in the assigned subject area following the BC Ministry of Education curriculum. Opportunities are available in:
Junior School: Grade levels K-5
Middle / Senior School: Languages preferred (French, Mandarin & Spanish) however, other subject areas accepted
• A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
• Experience teaching at the elementary, middle or senior school level
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students and colleagues
• A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
• A strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
• Experience integrating technology in the classroom to transform learning
Find out what it’s like to work in a top ranked, independent school setting with a strong community minded focus. We’d love to hear from you.